Is your website easy for your customers to use?
Can they navigate the site easily and find what they need?
Do you know what you want customers to do on your website?
These are important questions to answer so your website visitors have an experience that is memorable for its content and not its frustrations.
In this podcast you will learn the 5 Ways to Make Your Website Customer Friendly.
Website is essential for today is the first exposure that a potential client or subscriber has to you and to your products and services. So you want their experience to be easy, memorable for its content and not its frustrations (people remember these things – share ruby Tuesday story), and you want them to return.
With so many websites on the internet, over 2 billion, there are many people who offer similar products and services and you want your visitors to stay on your website as long as possible.
The longer they stay on your website the more likely they are to buy (provided you have something to sell and they can find it).
Here are the 5 ways to make your website easy for customers to use:
1. Be intentional in the path you want to take them through your website and provide proper navigation with buttons, links, and clear explanations. Do not leave people hanging on a page and no way to go anywhere with either a top menu or a clickable link to take them back to the home page.
Note: be careful with re-direct links, those links that take your visitors away from your website. They won’t be able to get back to your website and you may lose them – the internet is a big, busy place. Once they are re-directed to another site they are no longer on your website. Is that what you want them to do?
2. Give them clear options to purchase in the content. NEVER say ‘email me to schedule an appointment’. Have you looked at what happens when you click an email link? It opens a browser window and not an email address. Be sure to use links and scheduling applications to get them to talk to you . If you offer free intro sessions, make them easy to set up. NEVER use email or phone to set up your appointments – waste of time and you will miss appointments. If a customer is on your website at 2AM, they want to schedule with you or buy something right then. Make that process easy for them by having clear, easy to read, buttons and links.
3. Do not write too much content in descriptions, you can always write a short sentence and direct them to another page for more. And avoid too much navigation to get information or to purchase. They will get frustrated especially if they arrive at a dead end and cannot get back to your home page or another page on your website.
4. Be sure to include information about yourself, write a good ‘about you’ page. You would be surprised how many people read your bio. They want to get to know you. Make your bio focused on your story or how you got started in your business. Be sure to write your ‘hero’s journey’, no one wants to hear a sob story. Let your story be focused on the products and services you provide so you establish relevance and alignment with your audience. This inspires and encourages them to become paying customers.
5. Publish your prices – your visitors do not like to have to fill out forms and set an appointment with you (or a sales service) to talk about how great your program is, only to have sticker shock because you are much more than they can afford.
Price is important and you insult your site visitors if you say it isn’t. How many of you own a Ferrari? That’s my point.
If you are so uncomfortable with your prices that you do not publish them, you should be charging much less.
As my grandmother said, “if you have to ask the price you cannot afford it.”
It is very important to ensure that visitors to your website don’t get confused and frustrated because they won’t be back and they will tell everyone about their terrible experience.
And if you are clear about how you want your website visitors to navigate your website and you make the process easy, clear, and intentional for them, they will spend time on your website, enjoy the content, become a repeat visitor, and refer you to their family and friends.
If you like this article and would like to work with me because you are ready for business coaching or a profound personal and spiritual transformation, consider a personal intuitive consultation or intuitive coaching, where we work together to examine your life path, purpose, potential, and possibilities and help you choose one that will bring you the joy, abundance, love, peace and power that you are ready for. Click here to explore the possibilities for transformation.
Copyright (c) 2023 by Jennifer Hoffman. All rights reserved. You may quote, copy, translate and link to this article, in its entirety, on free, non-donation based websites only, as long as you include the author name and a working link back to this website. All other uses are strictly prohibited.
The following copyright, trademark, and intellectual property statement is made necessary by the dishonest activities of those who believe that content on the internet is free for use. It is not. Using any content without the express approval and permission of its author is plagiarism, copyright infringement, and theft of intellectual property.
We prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who uses any of our content without express written permission and a paid license. Unfortunately, because there are dishonest people in the world who have used and sold Jennifer’s content, such as the Becoming 360 trademark and program based on Jennifer Hoffman’s original content which was stolen, sold, and marketed by Christine Kane of Uplevel You, Firepink LLC, and now the Soul Sourced Entrepreneur (#soulsourcedentrepreneur), it is necessary for us to make this trademark statement to protect our rights to our own content, protect it from those who steal, plagiarize, and usurp it for their personal gain, and who engage in illegal profit making from intellectual property that is not their original creation.
Profit Platform, Cash Flow Profit Platform, Approval Anxiety, GPS Business Academy, Strategy & Soul Channel, Synergy of Success and Soul, Compounded Revenues, Strategy + Soul CEO Coaching, The Profit Audit, 90 Day QuickStart are trademarks of Jennifer Hoffman, Enlightening Life OmniMedia, Inc. Content on this website is protected by US and copyright law and assertion of trademark rights is not limited to those referenced herein. The author retains the right to all intellectual property on this website.
Energetic Congruence, True Congruence, False Congruence, Christed Awareness, Martyred Healer, Empowered Master, Life Re-Vibed, Energetic Significance, Light Age, Light Beacon, Becoming 360, Becoming 360×3, Creative Expansion Officer, and Enlightened Mastery are trademarks of Enlightening Life OmniMedia.
High Vibes Living® is a registered trademark of Enlightening Life OmniMedia, Inc.
All commercial organizations, individual persons, or corporations claiming ownership to material that is the intellectual property, under copyright, and/or all published content of Jennifer Hoffman and Enlightening Life OmniMedia, Inc. shall be subject to criminal process and all legal remedies shall be pursued, including damages and other penalties, under state and federal law. It is illegal to copy someone’s work without permission, to trademark intellectual property that you did not create, and to claim ownership of any portion of content that is not your original work.
This notice specifically includes Christine Kane of christinekane.com of UpLevel You and Firepink, and now the Soul Sourced Entrepreneur (#soulsourcedentrepreneur) who has been illegally using, copying, and plagiarizing content from Jennifer Hoffman since approximately 2012 and maybe even prior to that, and is currently under four Cease and Desist orders for copyright infringement, plagiarism, unjust enrichment, theft of intellectual property, and fraud.